2017 Summer Seasonal Employee(s)
Application Dates: Posted April 18, 2017 Closing May 19, 2017
Start Date: Monday, June 19th
Last Day: Sunday, September 17th
Pay: 16.80/hr – 19.00/hr, depending upon qualifications and no benefits unless PERS contribution if applicable.
Positions: Two (2)
Work week: 2 week rotating schedule, 12 hours a day. 2 on, 2 off, 3 on, 2 off, 2 on, 3 off. Every other weekend off. 42 hour work week based on a 14 day schedule.
- Oregon EMT-Paramedic
- Possess a valid Oregon Driver’s License upon employment
- 18 years of age.
- High School graduate or equivalent
- NFPA FireFighter 1, NWCG FFT2, NFPA Driver
GENERAL STATEMENT OF DUTIES: Provides emergency medical services, performs fire suppression, and equipment maintenance duties; does related work as required.
DISTINGUISHING FEATURES OF THE CLASS: An employee in this class is responsible for fire station operations during an assigned work period. Work is performed under the general supervision of the shift Battalion Chief or other department officer who reviews work for conformance with prescribed standards.
EXAMPLES OF WORK: (Illustrative only. Any single position of a class will not necessarily involve all of the duties listed, and many positions will involve duties which are not listed.)
- Responds to medical aid and fire calls; may direct activities at fires and other emergencies unless/until relieved by higher authority.
- Maintains fire department equipment and grounds including routine housekeeping and maintenance duties.
- Performs necessary maintenance of fire hose, fire apparatus and other departmental equipment.
- Provides assistance and training to paid on-call firefighters.
- Provides information and instruction to other firefighters, both career, paid on-call and members of the public on subjects relating to fire safety, firefighting and emergency medical procedures.
- Operates (drives) ambulance to provide routine and emergency and non-emergency service.
- Maintains accurate, legible and complete records and reports as assigned by supervisor.
- Attends and participates in drills and training.
- Meets Umatilla County Fire District # 1 physical fitness requirements.
- Meets requirements of the State of Oregon to maintain EMT-Paramedic certification as required.
Application for Employment: Cover letter, district application and resume of experience and qualifications must be received at Umatilla County Fire District # 1, Fire Station #21, 320 S.1st, no later than 5:00 PM on Friday, May 19th, 2017.
Resume Review: Candidates resume, cover letter and work history will be reviewed by Chief Stanton.
Final Selection Criteria: The three top candidates will be considered for employment. Preference will be given to candidates who are able to work the 12 weeks in its entirety. The person selected for the job will be notified by Friday, May 26th, 2017. The District intent is to have the seasonal employees begin on Monday, June 19th, 2017 at 08:00. If selected candidate is unable to begin on that date a negotiated date may be determined between candidate and the Fire Chief.